Photo by Aleigha Hornaday

Despite the tough football season Missouri had last year, there is a lot to be hopeful for in the future of the program — Brett Norfleet is a name that everyone at MU should be excited about.

Coming out of Francis Howell High School in St. Charles, Missouri, this four-star tight end received offers from Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan and Iowa. However, he has committed to Missouri’s football program and will join its team in 2023. Norfleet is also ranked No. 12 in the nation in his position for the 2023 recruiting class and was recruited to the football program by Recruiting Coordinator Casey Woods.

Standing at 6-foot-7-inch and weighing 225 pounds, Norfleet’s speed and strength will allow him to find success at tight end. His large frame makes it easy for him to plow through defenses, but he is also very quick for his size — making him that much more of a threat to opposing teams.

“My job was to make plays, wreak havoc and stop the ball,” Norfleet said about his role on defense for the Francis Howell Vikings in an interview with Recruiting News Guru.

As for his offensive production, Norfleet caught 26 passes for 416 yards and five touchdowns during his senior season at Francis Howell, helping the team earn a 10-2 record. After a successful season with the Vikings, Norfleet is still looking for ways to grow and evolve as a player.

“My physicality in blocking is something I think is a strong part of my game,” Norfleet said during an interview with Starcade Media in November 2021. “I am working on getting stronger along with hands and route running. There is always room for improvement in all areas of my play.”

Norfleet has also committed to playing baseball for the Tigers. He is a pitcher and also plays first base and outfield. He has been playing baseball at a competitive level since he was 10 years old, and his pitches have reached 91 miles per hour. His skills on the field should help Missouri baseball cover new ground. 

“I was told in recruiting, ‘When it feels right you will know,’” Norfleet said. “[Missouri] was it for me. After traveling several places and meeting many coaches, I knew I wanted to be close to home.”

After months of reflecting on his future, Norfleet finally made his formal commitment to Missouri in November 2021. Tigers fans will have the opportunity to see what impact he makes on both teams in the future beginning next year.

Edited by Brandon Haynes | bhaynes@themaneater.com